Thursday, August 16, 2007

Ramblings...

You know it is too cold in your office when you walk outside in 99 degree weather and completely relish in the warmth.

You know that it is too hot when that enjoyment lasts all of 6 steps away from your building. My little Weather Channel icon just informed me we have just moved into the triple digits.

Maybe being a little cold isn't that bad as being hot especially when you have to sit through many hours of virus scanning. My virus software started to blink and flash at me this morning, notifying me that my computer was infected. (I blame the Automatic Windows Update from a couple nights ago which seems to have broken my virus software.) A uninstall and reinstall of the virus softare followed by two security scans (1 hour and 40 minutes each) and 5 spyware scans. Things are starting to look better. The pop-ups have stopped and I am not longer getting virus notifications. (Will be scanning again tonight just to make sure).

Did you know that almost 3 hours of virus scans can easily be turned into some sly knitting time?

Speaking of knitting, I'm looking forward to a couple of hours of hanging out this evening, sans kids, either at Starbucks or perhaps my local LYS* while waiting on ACT prep tutoring to be over. I am locking my money in the car if I happen over to the Yarn Haven. Perhaps a stop through Starbucks on the way to my LYS just may be the way to go.

I found a way to knock 40 cents (and 100+ calories) off my Starbucks latte. They added the Cinnamon Dolce Latte to the menu earlier this year. Just last week I did a little figuring and started ordering a Caffe Latte with Cinnamon Dolce syrup instead of the official Cinnamon Dolce Latte(CDL). The difference between the two is the CDL comes with whip cream and cinnamon crunch sprinkles where as the Caffe Latte doesn't. I always ordered my CDL without whip anyway so why pay 40 cents more for something I'm not getting?

Of course I know I would save a heck of a lot more money if I just skipped Starbucks instead of just skipping the whip cream.

But everyone needs a guilty pleasure every now and then. Such as tonight's Tivo line-up. So You Think You Can Dance season finale (not sure who I want to win) and to find out who will be voted out of the house tonight on Big Brother. I completely realize and freely admit that I am a sucker for embarrassingly bad reality shows (although I do draw the line at any of the Bachelor(ette) shows or anything on MTV/VH1).


*LYS - Local Yarn Store