Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Garden, She is Growing...

I went on my evening stroll through the garden last night. We have the bare beginnings of corn, cucumber, squash, beans, peas, and I think carrots. The tomatoes and most of the peppers are doing well (except for the 4 banana pepper plants I bought, the rest were given to us by a neighbor). The okra is looking a little pallid but I think that is due to over-watering (not that it matters since I don't care much for okra, I was just growing it for my mom and mother-in-law). We are still waiting on the lettuce, dill and potatoes, all of which were planted late. We have a couple of ripe strawberries with the promise of more to come.

Most of the stuff is really too small to get pictures of, but in the next week or two we should be rocking.

I love when stuff starts coming up. Then when the plants start producing flowers, fruit and vegetables. The weeding it totally doable right now (the crab grass hasn't made it's ugly appearance yet). Its starting to get fun and I am now just realizing that somehow I've turned into a gardener.



(I can tell you though the one thing I am NOT looking forward to is the blanching and freezing come late summer.)