Thursday, May 17, 2007

Believe It or Not...

I have finally finished something.

I am notorious for starting projects and the sad thing is because I have so many crafty interests (knitting, crochet, cross stitch, quilting, rug hooking, doll making just to name a few) I have many started projects.

Just in the past month, my creative juices started running again and I have started a handful of projects. At least, unlike the past, I have been rotating through them. Currently in the rotation is a 15 page cross stitch project stitched 28 stitches to the inch (just moved onto page 4), a lace knit scarf from knitty which is a little over 1/2 done, and a knit cabled hoodie from knitty (sleeves are 1/3 done).

However last weekend, during our Girls Day Out, I picked up a copy of Knitting Universe and found the cutest felted bag that I had to make. They have a doohickey thing on their site where you can see a picture of all the items in the current magazine. It is the black bag page 20-21 (be patient as the pictures may load slowly).

I picked up some wool and headed home. I finished knitting it a couple of nights ago and threw it into the washing machine last night to felt it (for those unfamiliar with felting, if you put 100% in hot water and agitation, it causes the wool to shrink and meld together into felt.) It was so cool!

The bag is made with 3 hexagons which create a very asymmetrical bag. Here is a picture of the unfelted bag from the flat side and the pointy side.





And here is a very bad picture of it post felting (I was running extremely late but was able to get a very bad picture this morning as I was running out the door. After it finishes drying, I'll take another picture.)




I already have plans (and yarn) to start another one. However, I think I'm going to make a much larger version for myself (this one was for Shelby). I think it would make a very cool project bag so it seems another yarn run to Michaels is in order this weekend.