Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Baby Steps of Motivation...

Jenny, over at Big Slice declared a Month of Motivation. Okay so that was 3 weeks ago. Due to my tendencies of procrastination, I am just now jumping on the band wagon. And because of my fear of commitment (okay so it is not so much fear of commitment as a lack of will power), I am going with a Week of Motivation at a time.

This week I have committed to using the stairs at work, instead of the elevator. The only time I will allow use of the elevator is when I first come in to work, carrying my gigantiton laptop and other various junk. All other trips to and from the building will be elevatorless. I was going to allow myself to skip the stairs when leaving too, however I'm pretty I can manage to lug all this stuff downstairs. It's the UP that is the killer. The second item is to slowly start replacing my beverages of choice throughout the day with water.

Day 1: only one trip on the elevator (when I arrived), one round trip on the stairs and a bottle of water with lunch.

My plan is to add something new each week. Let's hope the will power can last a week at a time...