Tuesday, June 28, 2005

A Rose by Any Other Name...

...would still smell as sweet.

I love the smell of cologne on a man. There are quite a few that familiar scents that always bring up memories. The scent of Drakkar takes me back to college. The smell of Canoe reminds me of my dad when I was a kid. Unfortunately my husband does not wear cologne, ever. It seems the deer do not care much for cologne and will run the other way which upsets the mighty hunter. Because deer have such sensitive noses, my husband stays away from using anything with a strong scent. No trademark cologne for him...oh wait unless you can count Raccoon Urine. Yes, they sell raccoon and fox urine to mask the human scent from deer. No, he doesn't use it everyday after he shaves. Honestly, I'm not sure if he sprays it on his clothes or on his tree stand. Anyway I digress...

I love the smell of cologne on a man. However if it makes my eyes water when you standing next to me at the salad bar...you may have a bit too much on. And if I can still smell your cologne when you are 8 feet away getting your soft drink while I'm getting my tea (sweetened of course) then you DEFINITELY have too much on.

Cologne (and perfume) should be like a car stereo. Cologne should only be enjoyed by someone close and personal to you (and not someone on the other side of the room), just as your car stereo should only be enjoyed by the people riding in your car (and not anyone on the other side of the block).