Monday, January 24, 2005

I Know I'll Regret This In A Year...

I took my Christmas tree down 2 weeks ago however I just dumped all the ornaments into an empty Avon box and the lights were placed in little piles along one wall in the living room. I spent yesterday lovingly reboxing the Hallmark ornaments and tenderly wrapping all the others before packing them away. By the time I got to the lights I was over it. I have these green plastic things that allow you to wrap the lights around so they won't be in a tangled mess next year. I successfully wrapped 3 or 4 strands and then ran out of steam, out of interest and out of "who gives a ..." So I gathered up the rest of the lights and gently placed them in a empty cardboard box and quickly put the lid on top so as not to see the hideous mess I was making. The box was then placed in the pile of other Christmas stuff to be put in storage.

I feel so much better that all the Christmas decorations are packed away and the lights are put up and off the floor (especially seeing that Jed had just discovered how much fun it is to drag around light strands). But I know I will be hating myself around the beginning of December...