Friday, December 10, 2004

Merriment in My Soil Soul

I need to get working on my Christmas decorations. We have had the tree up for almost a week. The first night we put it up, I started putting lights on it however Jed was extremely fussy and didn't like the fact that I was on one side of the gate and he on the other. After getting about 2/3 of the tree lit, I quit to get Jed ready for bed. I perhaps put another strand or two on after he went to sleep and quit because my back was hurting. A week later the tree is only 2/3 lit. Well actually as of yesterday morning it more like half lit because the top strand or two of lights on the top of the tree went out.

But the partially lit tree goes well with the icicle lights on the front porch in that 1/4 of them are also out.

Oh we have started stringing popcorn and cranberries for the tree. I think we have just enough done to cover the unlit parts of the tree.

Hopefully I'll build up enough merriment in my soil to get the tree finished, the icicle lights fixed or replaced and the rest of the Christmas decorations out.

Then I'll have to move on to the Christmas shopping....how many days left are there again?