Saturday, December 11, 2004

Up Too Early But....

...that's okay since Jed slept through the night last night.

He went to bed between 8:30 and 9:00 and didn't wake up until 6:30. A couple of times last night he cried out but was able to get himself back to sleep within a few minutes, which is something new. At 6:30 this morning he started fussing. When I went in to his room he was sitting in front of his Fisher Price Aquarium, smiling and pointing to the fish in the aquarium. I brought him down to our bed where he drank a cup and milk and went back to sleep for another hour.

However at 7:30, I couldn't convince him to snooze any longer. So he and I came in to the living room where he played and watched tv while I snoozed. Thankfully he didn't get into trouble like last weekend.

Last weekend, he woke up at 6:30 and refused to go back to sleep so we came into the living room. I dozed on and off. At one point I heard Shelby come down and hang out with him. However when I finally woke up, I looked over and Jed was standing on the couch (which is nothing new since he has learned to climb...and boy does he climb!) Anyway he was standing on the couch and he was soaking wet. Wet diaper you say? Nope...not only was he wet, the couch was wet and that was when I noticed the (now) empty cup that my husband had left on the table behind the couch. There was grape soda everywhere!

And everyone got in trouble! Jed for getting into stuff on the table. Shelby for not helping out by staying downstairs when she saw me out of it, me for dozing off like that and my husband for leaving an almost full cup of grape(!) soda out.

Thankfully, Jed stayed off the sofa this morning and I stayed more alert (still dozing but not has deep). Now that Jed is down for his morning nap I have decide if I'm going to start staightening up the house, work on putting those last 3 strands of lights on the tree or go take a nap...