Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My Head No Longer is Going to Explode...

...but I think I'm about to cough a lung up.

The sinus pressure is better but the coughing is non-stop. I came into work anyway since I had 4 appointments set up. Every time I went into a coughing fit, each person tended to scoot ever so slightly back from me. Which I don't blame them. The only thing that seems to ease the tickle in my throat is when I was drinking my CDL this morning.

I came to work with a bag of Robitussen cough drops. The directions say:

adults and children 4 years and over: allow 1 drop to slowly dissolve in the mouth

  • for sore throat: may be repeated every 2 hours, as needed, or as directed by a doctor
  • for cough: may be repeated every 2 hours, as needed, or as directed by a doctor
Okay so my questions are:

  1. why write two sets of directions for both sore throat and cough even though the say the same exact thing?
  2. 2 hours??? Has a cough drop ever suppressed a cough for two entire hours?
  3. How many of these things can you consume consecutively before something bad happens?
  4. And for that matter, how many of these things do you need to consume consecutively before they actually work???

I think I need to just forget the drops and just go to Starbucks.