Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Playing Hookie...

...because I would prefer to be in the comfort of my own home when my head explodes instead of at work.

I have a sinus headache from hell. Not much of a runny nose but mostly just pressure. Pressure in my forehead, pressure in my ears, pressure behind my eyeballs. It feels like my head to explode at any moment.

I took the kids to school and then came home to sleep. Okay so I stopped by Starbucks first (thanks again Jenny!) and tried a Caffe' Mocha. As the girl handed it to me, the top flew off and coffee went everywhere! They made me a new Mocha (which isn't near as good as a CDL) and gave me a coupon for a free beverage. Yes, I did contemplate spilling my coffee more often to get more free Starbucks but considered that 1. I would run out of clothing quickly seeing as these jeans look rather stained now and 2. we have a small number of SBs in town and they would probably catch on rather quickly to my game.

So with coffee stained pants I made my way home, donned my pjs and crawled back into bed. My nap helped a little but my head, she still feels like she is gonna explode like when they set dynamite off in that dead whale in Oregon. (If you haven't heard that story, hop on over and read it...it is hysterical!) Not a pretty sight.

After a shower, a dose of decongestant and 4 ibuprofen and I think I am off to pick kids up from school. Thankfully we can come straight home and then I think I'm going to catch up on my blog reading, fold a few clothes and maybe knit a bit (thanks to CursingMama for getting me back knitting again! More later on what I've chosen for the Knitting Olympics.)



Ooop! I better be since I need to leave in 5 minutes!