Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Kicking My Sweet Tea Habit....

...only to have it replaced by Starbucks!

And I blame it on Jenny. She posted a raving review of Starbucks' new Cinnamon Dolce Latte. So raving and glowing that it made me try it.

But let me first say I have always HATED coffee. The only cup of coffee that I have ever purchased was after an all night study session in college. I stopped by the cafeteria* on the way to class bought a cup, dumped a bunch of sugar in it and took off towards class. I drank 3 sips before throwing it away halfway there. I throw away all coffee and cappachino flavored Jelly Bellys and if one makes it to my mouth accidentally, it is spit out immediately. Coffee ice cream is always turned down. I just am not a coffee drinker....

Until now...On the way to a doctor's appointment, 2 weeks ago, the teen and I stopped by Starbucks to use up a gift card someone had given me. She bought a hot chocolate with hazelnut and I tried a Tall Cinnamon Dolce Latte. The first sip was heaven. Like the essence of a cinnamon roll poured into a cup. I drank the entire thing wondering how I could like it since it was made with coffee!

A week later, I bought my second CDL on the way to work. Two days after that was number 3 (and a Grande at that). The day after was another Grande. I happily volunteered to pick the teen up from a dance at 11 pm the other night which was less than one mile from a Starbucks (tried the Caramel Macchiato Latte, good but not as good as the CDL).

I did get one yesterday but was a good girl and passed Starbucks up this morning. Let me tell you, the sweet tea (large from McD's for $.95) was way less expensive than dropping $4 a day. I really need to find my $15 SB gift certificate now....

Oh yeah, did I mention that I blame it all on Jenny?


*I know I really shouldn't compare cafeteria coffee to the quality of Starbucks, but still....