Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Prince and The Pea....

Last night I laid down with Jed at bedtime. He finished drinking his last cup of milk and he started chattering about going to Play Park, shooting Daddy's bow, the normal random chatter. He was just starting to settle down when he started freaking out....majorly.

He started kicking and moving around and saying to take something away. At first I thought he was saying blanket. So I moved the sheet and quilt away. It didn't get better. So I guessed maybe the extra pillow. Nope that wasn't it either. This went on for a good 15 minutes when I couldn't stand a second longer. I went to the bedroom door and asked my husband to come in and see if he could figure out what Jed wanted.

Jed continued to fuss and finally he rolled over and started touching the back of his diaper. I wondered if maybe he needed to be wiped better and was just a bit sore there. So I ran off to get the baby wipes. When I came back in the bedroom, my husband was taking off Jed's diaper trying to figure out what was wrong. Stuck to his left cheek was the smallest little bit of something...it was about the size of a grain of sugar. I asked my husband what it was and he said he didn't have a clue but that it did have potential for pokability.

I put a fresh diaper on him, we laid back down and within 2 minutes he was out. I guess he really is my little prince....

(...and I shudder to think if the irritator had been as big as a pea!)