Thursday, October 06, 2005

Leaving...

I have yet to be away from Jed for more than a day. Any overnight trips I have taken in the last 2 years have included him. However in about a month and half's time I will be headed to Las Vegas for a conference for work. I leave midday Wednesday and will return Saturday morning. I get all nervous just thinking about being gone that long. Last Tuesday didn't help me much either.

I teach an evening graduate level class Tuesday nights. Jed stays at my mom's until I get done. I usually get to her house around 8:00-8:30. I called her on my way over there and she told me that Jed had been concerned about me for the last hour or so, asking her "Mama come get me?" It was between a statement and a question. Hopefully he will be a little less concerned the few days that I will be gone since he will be home with his big sister and daddy. I am positive that Daddy will keep him busy so that he doesn't worry much and will rough and tumble with him until he is worn out.

Oh hell, I'm already tearing up just thinking about it. I am going to miss him terribly however I know it will do us both good. He will learn that although I may go away for a trip, I will always return and I will really see that other's can take care of my baby too and that he will be okay.

Even though I am not looking forward to the separation, I am looking forward to the conference. And it won't be all work. My mom will be tagging along so we can play a little too.

Off to get some things together for tomorrow and then I may go play around with the new look here.