Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Jed's First Day...

went rather well. The only comment that I was given when I picked him up was that he didn't want to sit still during Circle Time. Considering that he has never been in a situation where he had to sit still with a bunch of other kids on the floor in a room loaded with new wonderful playthings, I'm not surprised. The assistant teacher did say that she took him out in the hall during that time and he sat still and they read books until Circle Time was over.

He did have a rough night last night though. Woke up a few times says "no...no...no...". Come to think of it, he woke up this morning saying the same thing. I don't know if it was bad dreams or the fact that he just didn't sleep well from being overly tired. I'm hoping he wasn't having bad dreams about school. We'll find out tomorrow when I go to drop him off.

When I picked him up, he was having fun climbing on the fort they have. When I walked in to the room I was greeted with the biggest "MAMA!!!!" I have ever heard which was followed by one of the best hugs in the world (head on my shoulder, which he never does, while patting my back.)

Now the next big question (other than will he let me leave him there tomorrow) is how naptime will go tomorrow. If he had difficulty sitting in a roomful of kids and toys, how well will he be able to lay still and sleep???? Only time will tell...