Monday, June 20, 2005

Joys of Living in a Small Town...

...when you realize at 1:00 am on a Saturday night/Sunday morning that there is just one diaper left in the house. Wal-mart is 20 minutes away. Nothing local opens until noon on Sunday.

I ended up putting the last diaper on him in the morning and went by the gas station and bought a small pack of no-name diapers, which is all they had. I have never seen Fitti brand diapers. I hate to admit it, but I am a diaper snob. I will only buy Huggies Supreme. I swore I would always get what's on sale or what I had a coupon for....nope only Huggies Supreme, regular Huggies will do in an emergency.

My husband found an 'emergency' diaper in the truck so we were able to make it through the afternoon until I made a run to Wal-mart. The Fitti's are still unopened but now I have something to stash away for the next low diaper emergency.

(We did have some Swimmies in the house but I found out earlier in the day that they DO NOT work well as regular diapers...especially when the child has just finished 2 sippy cups worth of juice...it wasn't a pretty sight.)