Sunday, December 05, 2004

What Was I Thinking....

...going to THE MALL on a Saturday in the middle of December, just me and Jed who was already an hour late on his nap???? And not taking the stroller????

While standing around Sears, waiting to talk to someone....anyone about a weight bench my husband is interested in, Jed just squirmed and fussed and DEMANDED to be put down so he could run around. I didn't let him down and boy did he tell me how unhappy he was with my decision. Then we wandered to Old Navy. I put him in a buggy and I have become the mom that shops while her kid is screaming. Just pushing my buggy with its noisy fussy passenger between the fleece hoodies and the cargo pants pretending I don't hear a thing. Which is very hard to do seeing as his new scream isn't really crying sound but rather an extremely shrill and LOUD and astoundingly ANNOYING yell. Did I mention how shrill it is? So shrill it cuts right through your head. And you should hear what it sounds like in the closed confines of my car.

Good thing is that I have finally started my Christmas shopping. I hate going to the mall on a weekend during the Christmas shopping season. And its even worse when carting around a screaming toddler. Therefore I either have to figure out how I can get someone to watch him while I do the rest of my shopping or try to find the rest of my gifts online...