Friday, November 12, 2004

A Sick Baby is a Pain in the Neck...

Literally. Jed as been so congested lately that he hasn't been sleeping well at night, usually waking every 30-45 minutes because of an inability to breathe through his nose. We went to the doctor's office last Wednesday (more on this later) and he was given a Tanafed which is an antihistamine/decongestant. 3 days on this and he still can't breathe through his nose. So we have moved back to an OTC decongestant and the previously prescribed antihistamine.

Anyway, since he can't breathe through his nose, we have bringing him to bed with us. One reason is to try to keep him elevated. It was easier when we could let him sleep in the car seat but at 14 months, I don't think that would work. Another reason is it keeps me from having to go upstairs every 45 minutes. So he has been sleeping with us and I have been trying to keep him elevated on a pillow or two. Somehow two nights ago, I ended up sleeping in a strange position or something because now I have a huge knot in my shoulder blade. I cannot turn my head and look past my right shoulder. I've tried to massage it out and it is a little better but it still hurts...a lot. I think I may have to go find the heating pad and the bottle of ibuprofen and hopefully he will sleep through the night tonight so I don't have to risk another cramped muscle night of sleeping.

P.S. I still have figured out what is haunting my machine...

P.P.S. I'm starting off the weekend with this post in honor of BusyMom and her campaign for, no wait, against, no wait again... for ANBOW (darn double negatives)