Friday, November 19, 2004

I Hate Responsibility and Dial-up Connections...

Around 10 tonight I realized that the thing I broke Wednesday still is broken. Since we only have dial-up, it was near impossible to do what I needed to do to fix everything. So I had to come into work.

Now I live 40 minutes from work so this really sucks. Not only that, I have to worry if my husband will hear Jed if he wakes up while I am gone (my husband tends to sleep like a rock). So here I am sitting in my car, outside my office building, using my laptop while sitting in the driver's seat. (I really should have already headed up but the connection here is SO much faster) I didn't really want to walk in the rain and hope that I had both my elevator key AND my key card for the door. Good news is that I think I got everything fixed and if I didn't, it will have to wait until probably this weekend.

I have to get up at least by 7 in the morning to take Shelby to school and Jed to my mom's. I'm already planning on going in my pajamas. Then I have to go back home to put on some real clothes and maybe a bit a makeup and then we have to be at the hospital by 11 am. His surgery is scheduled for 12:00 and should only last 1 1/2 to 2 hours. They will then keep him for a couple of hours before he can leave. Unfortunately, we have to make a detour to pick Jed up before heading home.

I'm not worried so much about the surgery itself but more about how Jay is going to handle the pain, how I'm going to handle him in pain and how I am going to handle Jed and keep him from crawling on his dad. Basically it how we will all handle the uncertainty of all of it. I'm not sure if I'll get an update up tomorrow night or not but I'll try to at least toss something up by Saturday saying that it's all okay.

I guess I really should be heading home since it is a 40 minute trip and YIKES its almost 1:00 am!