Friday, October 01, 2004

Tidbits...

Just a few random tidbits before I get some major work done today...

…This morning Jed woke up at 5 am. When I went to pick him up out of the crib, he put his fingertips to his lips telling me he was hungry. This was the first time he had told me this when he had just woken up. It was a very happy moment for me. My baby beginning to communicate in a way that I can easily understand! (as opposed to the many different cries of an infant, with each cry meaning something different but there was always that one cry that you know something is wrong but can never figure it out what it is.)

…Yesterday I went to the drive-thru teller machine to get some cash so we could pick something up for dinner on the way home. I was using an atm card that I haven’t used for awhile and was having difficulty remembering the pin number. I was trying to take my time and remember the number. I didn’t want to try too many and get my card eaten. With all this waiting, Jed was getting more and more restless. I looked back to see what was up and he was sitting in his car seat telling me was hungry (after all it was after his usual dinnertime). Then I put it all together, he was wondering where were his french fries. Apparently he thought we were in the french fry drive-thru not the money drive-thru.

…This morning my sister told me that her 5 year old son woke up and said that his head was too heavy to get out of bed. “Too heavy?” she asked him. He then informed her that he couldn’t get up because his head was too heavy with thoughts. I wonder if you can call into work with that one? “Sorry boss, I will be unable to make it to work today, my head is too heavy with thoughts to get out of bed.”