Saturday, October 09, 2004

Half Asleep and Half Naked...

I woke up about 7:00 this morning. Well actually I was woken up at 7:00 by Jed starting to fuss. It was still in the early stages, more of a “Hey I’m awake, come get me” and not quite to the point of “Get me the hell out of this crib”.

Now Jed usually wakes up anywhere between 5 and 7 in the morning. I usually bring him downstairs, let him nurse and then we both go back to sleep for a little while. So I am usually half asleep, either with only one eye open or both eyes just half open when I go upstairs to get him. I am still half asleep when I come down the stairs and hopefully still half asleep when we crawl back into bed.

This morning started about the same Still half asleep, I made a side trip to the bathroom before going upstairs. I have found out that once I get him up, I’m not allowed out of his sight for a half a minute. I go into Jed’s room and I can see he is standing at the railing, crying. I let the railing down and pick him. I am halfway down the stairs when I realize something feels different. His legs seem colder or something. When I open my other eye I realize he is going commando! He has just his pj top and nothing else on! The lack of pants didn’t concern me. I haven’t started putting his pajama bottoms on yet since he is always hot when he sleeps and it’s not quite cold enough for them. But the lack of the diaper! That was a whole other story.

I went back upstairs and there it was in the middle of the crib. I am hoping he hasn’t figured out how to undo the Velcro tabs on the diapers. I know it’s only a matter of time. I am thinking that it was so full this morning that in his rolling around that one of the tabs popped and the diaper fell off when he stood up. I grabbed the diaper and as we were going down the stairs I kept thinking “please don’t pee on me…please don’t pee on me…”

We made it to my bedroom without incidence however when I laid him on the bed to put the clean diaper on him he started screaming his little head off. He was hungry and didn’t want to wait for me to rediaper him. I am happy to say that he and I drifted back to sleep and we actually slept in until 9:15.

But from now on, I am either need to wake up a bit more when getting him or at least toss some pj bottoms on so he can’t remove the diaper…