Sunday, September 26, 2004

On the Edge...

About 7 am this morning, I woke up on my back, right on the edge of the bed. And I mean the EDGE, there wasn’t even enough room for me to lay my left arm at my side, it would have fallen off the bed. So there I was, I couldn’t move, didn’t want to move. It was a decision between being comfortable and being able to sleep just a little longer. Sometime early this morning Jed woke up and we brought him downstairs, gave him some milk and settled him in the middle of the bed, between my husband and I. Somehow he migrated over to the middle of my side of the bed. You would think with all the space of a king sized bed there would be enough room for me, the baby and a cat or two (my husband was already gone). But no! I was on the edge. I didn’t want to try to scootch him over for fear he would wake up, then I would have to get up. So I chose to get as comfortable as possible (which wasn’t very) and drifted back to sleep. Those two extra hours of sleep were well worth it…