Friday, July 13, 2007

Digging Out...

We're back from vacation (and have been for a week). However I am still digging myself out of the pile of work, the garden, plus a bunch of other things that have accumulated lately.

The week was fantastic. Probably one of the best vacations I've been on in a long, long time. All of the good definitely outweighed what little bad we had. Let's see there was an ashtray broken at Cracker Barrel (thanks Jed), the DVD player broken on the way there (thanks again Jed), couple pretty good scratches and scruffs on the front corner of my car (thanks Me and stupid garage column), about 2 hours each way on the drive which were complete hell (thanks Jed and Shelby*).

But we made it home happy, exhausted and tan (not a single sunburn**).

Now back to my shovel and the big pile of Things To Do...


*It is amazing how quickly a 17 yr old reverts back to being 3 years old when cooped up in a car with a 3 yr old brother. Law of Lowest Common Denominator I guess.

**Shelby's cousin and his friend joined us mid-week and refused sunscreen the first day in order to "catch up". By the second day, the cousin gladly took up my offer of spf 30 while the friend settled on some 15. Youngsters, hmph.....