Friday, June 16, 2006

Monkey See, Monkey Do...

...Or in this case, monkey hear, monkey say.

This morning Jed was sitting on our bed with my husband watching TV. He asked for a cup of milk which my husband got for him.

After a few sips, Jed pointed out that it was dripping. My husband grabbed the cup and said "Here we need to get you a new cup. This one is f***ed. (He is not known for censorship, needless to say.)

As I was reaching for the cup, I quietly mentioned that he might want to watch what he says which was met with rolled eyes (okay so he didn't physically roll his eyes at me but I could tell by the look on his face, he might as well have been.)

As I walk out of the room, I hear Jed say "Daddy, that f***ed".

I bit my tongue and tried to stifle laughter as I left the two of them to deal with it and although I didn't say it, had my husband seen my face, he would have clearly seen "I told you so."


*I suppose this could be in honor of Cursing Mama's birthday. Her blog tagline is "Teaching my kids the English language, one colorful word at a time."