Friday, June 23, 2006

Almost there...

I think I got most of the old files off the broken hard drive (I may try to retrieve one more on Monday before wiping the drive clean.)

I have my new hard drive installed and formatted.

Windows XP is reinstalled. Now I'm playing the "Oh yeah I need that" game. I was in the process of ordering a back-up hard drive and DVD burner (so I can make back-ups) but first I had to install Adobe Acrobat. I filled out the form and went to print it...ooops no printer. I have a feeling that this is going to be a common occurrence for the next week or two.

So far the only thing it looks like I lost (besides 5 days of my life) is my calendar, which is the one file I am going to try to recover on Monday.

Just a reminder, if you haven't backed up your important files yet, do so this weekend!!!! Otherwise you might lose pictures like these....