Monday, December 13, 2004

Honey, You Are Really Gonna Love This...

Sunday morning I woke up feeling horrible. I could hardly keep my eyes open and my allergies were running rampant. Around 10:00 we decided to go out for breakfast. There is a small hometown restaurant near our house that has the best breakfast. I went out to my car to get Jed's coat and to start the car. As I was sitting in the driver's seat, I leaned over to the passenger side to get something off the floor. I then placed my key into the ignition and started the car. I hopped out and went to the back of the car to get Jed's jacket. Ooops! The back door was locked. Went back to the driver's door to unlock the rest of the car and damn if the car wasn't locked......with the key in the ignition....with my purse in between the front seats....with my spare key and unlocker keychain thingy in the bottom of it. I remember when I leaned over to the passenger side, I leaned on my keys, thus locking the car. In hindsight I even remember the beep and the flash of the headlights as the car locked.

I went back in to the house and said "Honey, you are really gonna love this". Oh he loved it alright. Bless his heart though, he fiddled with it for almost an hour before successfully unlocking the passenger door with a wire coat hanger. By then the car was more than toasty warm!

I just am very thankfully that I hadn't already put Jed in his carseat. I think I would have just cried. No, I know I would have just cried.

Oh and breakfast was extremely delicious, by the way!