Monday, October 25, 2004

Half is Better than None...

Last week while sitting in the MRI waiting room I heard yet another news story about the lack of flu shots this year. I have never bothered getting a flu shot in the past so it hasn't really concerned me in the past. Then I thought of Jed. At just over a year old, he is in one of the high risk groups. I went outside and called my doctor's office and got Jed on the waiting list.

The doctor's office called today. I will need to bring him in today or tomorrow as they suspect they will be gone by Wednesday. Since Jed is so young they usually administer it in 2 half doses. I'm not sure if they are expecting anymore so he may not get the second half. But I am hoping half a dose is better than none.

I just hope this shot doesn't keep him up all night...