Friday, September 17, 2004

Why I Hate the Itsy Bitsy Spider...

I have been thinking of starting a blog for a few weeks now. The only thing holding me back was coming up with a witty name. I mean, this space needs a name and nothing lame or too cliche. So today, I was IM'ing a friend of mine and we started tossing out titles. I'd toss one out and he label it as cliche, punny, or whatever, shooting one after another down. So I dug down deep and tossed out "I Hate the Itsy Bitsy Spider". A winner. Random, no cliche, different. So there you go....

Well actaully it's not random. I really do at times hate the Itsy Bitsy Spider. This is usually after I have to sing it 20+ times in a row. You see, there are some nights that this is the only thing that will put my 1 year old son to sleep. Not Rock-A-Bye Baby, not Tickle Goodnight, but Itsy Bitsy Spider. I have sung it fast, sung it slow, sung it loud, sung it low, in the car, in the house, at a bar and with a mouse. (okay just kidding on the last two....)

So why is the title lacking the "I Hate" part? I just couldn't do it. I am a optimistic person, overly positive at times. I just couldn't bring myself to put a negative title on this blog. So Itsy Bitsy Spider it will be for now...until I come up with something better or at least more random.